Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Arrivals

I have some new additions to the stash!

First is what may be Easter 2010.  It is a plaid from Hancock Fabrics.  I've had it for a few months (gotta love the value fabrics and a coupon).  I want to make a long jacket with it, but I'm about 3/8 yd short.  The satin is for a sheath dress to complete the outfit.  Got that from Vogue Fabric Store on Friday for $2.99/yd.  I really wanted a crepe for the dress, but when I found the crepe back satin at Vogue, it was $11/yd. (I'm sorry. The economy and my skill level do not warrant me paying more than $6.00/yd for fabric.) I was worried about such a formal fabric for Sunday service, but my mind was put at ease when I noticed someone wearing a beautiful boucle with crystals in it last Sunday.





Here's what I fought with UPS over on Friday. It's from Fabric.com. I apologize for the picture quality; I don't know why I struggle with photographing red (must be the AKA in me.) A red and a chocolate sateen and an emerald silk/rayon blend -- all from the $1.95 section.  I like the sateen so much that I ordered the last of the fuchsia yesterday.  It's the last of it.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I get it.  Grabbed some denim too.


Here are my plans for the sateen:

No comments: