Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's Here! It's Here!

Fitting and Pattern Alteration: A Multi-Method Approach to the Art of Style Selection, Fitting, and Alteration (2nd Edition)I finally bit the bullet and ordered Fitting and Pattern Alteration: A Multi-Method Approach to the Art of Style Selection, Fitting, and Alteration (2nd Edition).  Y'all know I've been struggling with fit issues.  I just didn't want to fork over almost $100 for a book.  Well ... after glancing through it, it's worth the investment.  It's gonna make great bedtime reading for many nights to come.

I'll do a full book review shortly.  In the meantime, I can say that this covers all my adjustments except for those on wrap tops and skirts :-(

2 comments:

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I'm not sure it's worth the investment. You should have bought a used older edition or better yet should have bought "Fit For Real People" by Marta Alto and Pati Palmer. FFRP allowed me to address and solve all of my fit problems. If you don't already own it, I guarantee you would welcome the addition to your sewing library!

NuJoi said...

For some reason, I thought a DVD came with this version, which is why I was so hot to get it. I have FFRP. This book is more extensive, but FFRP explains things in an easier-to-read manner. I think both are must-haves.