Anyhoo, still delusional, I thought I'd give KS3789 a try. I might have stood a strong chance of finishing if I had known I didn't have any 3/4" elastic. I also woke up this morning around 8. Any other time, I would have popped out of bed by 5 a.m. After getting back from Hancock around 1, I realized my chances of finishing were slim.
So, I decided to take my time on this. I cut XL pieces. For the waist area, I traced the L markings. The tissue fitting was interesting. The skirt has an elastic waist; I wasn't ready for how big it would be without the elastic. I promptly folded the waist casing and added the elastic. I ended up having to use those L markings.
There are some bumps and bulges that need some extra fabric. As best I could, I tried to mark this while wearing the skirt. I was worried about making adjustments to a pattern that had no side seams. However, it's so easy to slide and angle these pieces differently to get the room I need.
I'll add additional paper to the affected pieces and refit. If I have enough Swedish tracing paper, I might retrace those waist pieces to make fitting with the elastic easier. There will be a muslin in my future.