Friday, December 3, 2010

Dangerous Curves

Okay. I'm still working on the sway back adjustment for NL6432. I traced my back curve onto the garment. Yep, used a Sharpie. (Focus on the dominant line.)


After trying it on, I saw that I needed a straight seam from the end of my back instead of trying to sew a curve to fit my entire backside.

The concave portion of the curve matched my back perfectly. However, look at what happens above (and below) my waist!  My dress form still needs work, but that's a close approximation of what's happening on me.  I guess the good news is that I don't have the pooling at my waist ...

Okay curvy ladies. How do I sew a CB seam to work with what I've got going on?  Should I go back to the paper pattern and start over? Ugghh...

3 comments:

Perfect Sew And Fit said...

So glad you posted to the forum. I have posted the first step to fix this for you. Just follow this link http://www.perfectsewandfit.com/forum/index.php?topic=438.msg8324#new

Anonymous said...

I sympathise with you, I have a sway back too. However I can't see a simple way to get rid of extra fabric. If it were tissue you could fold it out and see how it sits, I wonder if you could pin that extra fabric out and see how it is when you put it on.
Do you choose your pattern by upper chest measurement or full bust? Sometimes the extra back width in the larger sizes is too much. Are you making a coat? Do you want or need the extra width to wear it over other tops etc?
I'm sorry to be so unhelpful, hope somebody else can help you. :)

Anita (Summer Gypsy) said...

Oh, I wish I could help, but all I can say is I love the fabric, and can't wait to see the finished garment.