Saturday, January 19, 2013

It was the Best of Times, it was the Worst of Times

Another Hancock Fabrics is going out of business. This is the second one and third closed fabric store in the Chi in four years. I was so ready to move to Mississippi and work at Hancock's headquarters. I wanted to get my hands in its marketing.

Anyhoo. It was with a bittersweet zeal that I went through my pattern wishlist. $4 Vogue; $1 McCall's, Butterick, Kwik Sew; $2 Simplicity, Burda and New Look were mine for the picking.


The latest Simplicity and New Look patterns were there. 

PhotoPhoto
I even snagged a couple of elusive Spring McCall's


M6698M6696

Ran across some previously undiscovered gems.

K3660Photo

My only fabric purchase was the beautiful floral batik at $2/yd. Practically every fashion fabric bolt in the store was in someone's cart.


Most of the thread was gone, but I was able to find hem tape and lace for 70% off. None in the green I need as I think ahead to Easter. (I am such a dreamer!)

My haul was so fabulous that I feel bad about going to Jo-Ann's later today. I've been commissioned to deliver a cookie tin on Tuesday, so I need some Wilton supplies and a decorative tin. 

I have a four-day weekend. Tuesday is cookie day. Running errands today while it's in the balmy 40s. Gotta get in some cleaning and tomorrow is church. Monday is my sewing day!

1 comment:

Faye Lewis said...

So sorry the store closed, but I know you had a wonderful time!