Two reasons for the decision: a dress form to make fitting easier and I wasn't real clear on how to do an FBA without creating a dart. I wasn't grasping the concept from Fit For Real People. Enter The Perfect Fit -- it made things crystal clear! The clothes in the book are dated, but the advice is timeless.
So, according to the book, The max I can add to the bodice width is 1 1/2." I hope that's enough! I probably should know for sure, but how in the heck do you tell with a knit pattern? Isn't it cut smaller anyway?
So again, I'm using Swedish tracing paper. Love that stuff. I hope Santa brings me more for Christmas. Here's the pattern on the form:
When tracing, I traced both the medium cutting line and the extra large. When cutting, I just left a gap between the two. I figured I could tissue fit the side seam after the FBA.
I'm new to this, so I'm not sure if I did this right. I tugged at pieces of the pattern to get it to fit the form better. I thought that back and shoulders were pretty standard, so the fit issue must be in the bust. Therefore, I got everything else to lay properly and let the center front do what it wanted.
Now for the adjustment. I slid the armhole portion out the max 3/4." I moved the center front waist down 2".
Well, that was all of my Sunday progress. (I spent most of my sewing time finishing padding out the dress form.) Next, I have to blend the cutting and stitching lines. My goal this weekend is to finish the muslin.