Monday, February 21, 2011

Silly Me

As I was continuing to think about the sleeves and how the adjustments I made to the pattern may have affected the armhole, it dawned on me that I traced the wrong size pattern! I know this doesn't have anything to do with the the easing issue, but it does explain why the shoulders seams extended too far.

When I traced the pattern last summer, I correctly traced a 12 for the bodice. When I started the pattern this month, I threw that tracing away because I thought I needed a 14. The culprit? I keep confusing my bra size with my upper bust measurement! Duh! I even updated my measurement chart recently and put my bra size instead of my upper bust measurement.

With that said, I traced a new bodice yesterday. I'm not happy with the FBA. Earlier, when I got ready to attach the muslin skirt to the bodice, I realized the extra width at the waist from the FBA was a problem. I thought I could ease the bodice in. That isn't really working for me; the skirt waist has to be eased and easing both is confusing me.

Should I add a vertical dart or take it out at the side seam? That was the question I went to sleep thinking about. When I woke up, I decided I would try the pivot and slide method for an FBA, which doesn't seem to change the armhole or add as much width to the waist. That will be tomorrow's project.  

No comments: