Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!






Merry Christmas! Hope yours is a blessed one! I think my brother and I are getting older and wiser; yesterday, we both said seeing today would be a wonderful gift.

Santa did roll through with a few gifts this year. I won't bore you with the non-sewing ones. Most of these were inspired by Craftsy:

Waxed tracing paper!!!! Just in time for me to start the muslin for my Burda skirt.

Professional Tracing Paper Sheets | 26" x 39"   $9.50 The Couture Dress Craftsy

Clover fork pins. These little beauties are great for keeping intersecting seams and plaids from shifting as you sew. Can't wait to try them.


Japanese notions -- pins, needles and cotton basting thread. I figured the yellow would work well for most anything.  I'm going to use my scissors philosophy for my pins: hese new ones are not for tissue fitting. The tape I use on the Swedish tracing paper leaves a residue on pins and scissors, so my beloved pearlized pins will handle the tissue fitting only.




Last but not least -- a new topstitching foot. Woo hoo!

No comments: