Friday, September 4, 2009

On Your Mark! Get Set! Sew! Simplicity 4509


I started cutting Simplicity 4509 last night. I think I may have already messed up. I’m tying to get from the smallest size in the envelope, 18 to the largest size, 24, for my hips. I’m using Jackets For Real People for the first time and I’m thinking perhaps I just should have cut a 24 all the way around and worked from there. I have one one sheet of tissue to cut before I’m done. I’m cutting Views A, B and C.


My goal is to make View B with the belt and sleeve length from View C. I picked the pattern and the Bouclé fabric about five years ago. I think I’m ready to do something with them now. LOL. According to the book, this is one of the more difficulty jackets I could’ve picked to sew! Shoulder princess seams and set-in sleeves.

Other than the new Pfaff sewing machine I’ve been dreaming about, what would really help me out is a dress form. I have my eye on the Dritz My Double Deluxe. Unfortunately, I’ll still need to account for the fullness of some body parts, so I want the Fabulous Fitting System. Hey, I always swing for the fences. Since we’re in a recession, I have to pace myself. The sewing machine will be my Christmas gift to me and the form will come in time.

Perhaps my camera will arrive today so I can start capturing my progress with photos.

No comments: