Monday, September 7, 2009

Procrastination or Fear? Simplicity 4509

I have done absolutely nothing with the jacket since the last post. I didn’t even finish cutting out the last pieces! I had big plans for the three-day weekend, but no sewing has taken place. I think I’m afraid I’ll mess this up. Jackets for Real People has hindered me instead of helping. All of my bravado seeped away as I read each page. Maybe I should try pants next.

Look at this fabric! It’s 4 or 5 years old. I bought it specifically for this pattern and there is no room for error. Oh, the pressure!



I’ve been telling myself that it’s okay if I don’t finish by the end of the month. In the back of my head, I’m justifying this by thinking that I really need a dress form.

Adding to the distractions is my new camera. I have a food blog too and I’ve been testing the camera out on a cake and some scones. I also had the inspiration to work on my business plan, which has been a work in progress for about five years. (Anything to keep from starting this jacket.) I am going to try and toughen up and attempt pattern fitting today. Guess I should start by finishing the cutting.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can …

No comments: