Monday, December 19, 2011

Seeing is Believing

Dare I say that I might actually *gasp* finish a project, but *double gasp* finish it on time? It's a relatively simple top, but I was getting stuck where I usually get stuck -- sway back and my curvy rear. I even tried this wonderful resource, but I just couldn't get it.

Here's why:


My back looks kinda curvy! I had to add a CB seam and pin fit it to death.  To get here took me two muslins and at least five attempts on paper. Without a waist seam, I think this is the best I can do for a fitted top. It's not perfect, but it's the best fitting back I've ever had.

Question -- should I give up all hope of seamless backs?

The shoulder seam needs work, but I'll live with it. I did a 1/2" square shoulder adjustment. Could I possibly need more? The hemline was trial and error. Looks like I need to add 1/4" at the CB seam and true it.  People talk about tops pulling backward, but mine pull forward and the front neckline always seems too big...

Anyhoo. I may just pull this off in time for New Year's Eve! I'm supposed to be working on this SWAP, but now that I think I've semi-solved my backside issue, knit tops and dresses keep popping into my head.



2 comments:

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I'm not sure how to solve your fit issues but I think you should do what works. If that means adding a center pack seam to everything, I think that's what you should do.

Cennetta said...

I struggle with fitting my sway back as well. I'm not sure how to solve it without a center back seam. I personally like a center back seam. Because it allows me to curve in at the small of my back to get a better fit.