Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank You eBay!!!


Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! I am now the proud owner of a Dritz My Double Deluxe dress form! And a cover! Now, this sacrifice means I may be eating roasted chicken and canned goods for Thanksgiving, but I think it's worth it ;-)


I'm so excited! I know Ruby won't be perfect (I've already named her), but I can give her the bumps and curves she needs to be Mini Me. Well ... she won't be mini. I saw where someone else named her form Semi Me, now I get it.

For instance, she'll need about 4" more on the hips. And tons more junk in her trunk, but I'm not worried. I had to purchase an adjustable dress form because I have 30 pounds to lose and I can't buy a new form for every 10 pounds.


I had a three-part plan to get an accurate representation of me -- dress form, cover and padding. For the cover and padding, I thought about the Fabulous Fit Fitting System. At $137, I'm having second thoughts. I was able to find a cover on eBay too. If I pick up some batting, I may be able to get the same effect. I found a great tutorial on Pattern Review.

Hopefully My form will be completed by the end of next week. Then, I can spend the Thanksgiving week sewing stuff that fits!

No comments: