Monday, January 25, 2010

Slowly But Surely - Kwik Sew 3617

I completed the neckband today. It takes me a long time to work a neckband. I get confused about which way to pin it. And it takes me forever to sew it onto the neckline.  This one was a two-piece neckband with interfacing.


I have it attached to the top.  Please tell me what I was supposed to do with all those seam allowances. I made up a way to trim them, but I'm sure there are some proven techniques.


My understitching skills need work.


Didn't do too badly on this round of understitching.  This is the part that really took forever because I had to rip and re-sew several times.  Okay, a ton of times.



I pressed everything within an inch of it's life. Next up sleeves, side seams and hemming.  Whoo hoo!

1 comment:

Faye Lewis said...

I love that neckband.